Thursday 7 March 2013

Parking at the Coop

A parishioner raises a concern about In and Out at the Coop:

"From what I have seen so far, its just not going to work - those coming from Mill Road prefer to use the Out as an entrance & those from Bedford road use the In, just as they have always done, of course.

What's needed to enforce it is the aggressive solution adopted over at TrafficMaster - they have hinged plastic teeth on the exit from the car park & notices warning that it will damage your tyres if you attempt to enter via the exit! Probably wouldn't stop a 4x4 driver though, they will attempt to drive through or over anything ...

Workmen arriving in larger vans often use the island to park on as its easier than trying to manoeuvre in the car park , where there is now less room than before."



I have to say it suddenly hit me, not long after the signs were painted,  that when I drive up Mill Road I have to turn right into the High Street and then right again into the Coop to park. I suppose the alternative is to simply do the five minute walk and stop driving to the shops. The healthy option.

No comments: