Friday 22 March 2013

Getting deeper

I think it's getting to crunch time on pot holes. No joking. The winter before last it seemed like you had to keep a wary eye out for where the bigger ones were and drive around them. But now it feels like a debate about whether to go down a road at all. The best example is College Road and University Way at Wharley End.  I think I had been in denial but the last time I was there I was aghast. Huge yawning gaps. The PC is chasing highways about this as it is a main thoroughfare - not that Springfield Way doesn't deserve attention as well. As previously blogged the customer service bulletin is chocker with pothole reports.

I think the College Road specimens will need expert cavers and pot hole rescue guides to get to the bottom of them. Ouch. 

The issue has been given national prominence  by the President of the AA no less who warned about the dangers and then got his own car crunched. Read about it in The Guardian

By the way its on the agenda for the PC meeting on Wed 3 April.


No comments: