Monday 11 February 2013

Wind energy and rights of way

Interesting comment from a parishioner who has been in contact about rights of way and wind turbines. His (anonymised) submission to FCC is below.




I have learned that the airfield has dropped its objection to the wind farm on the grounds that it might interfere with a future radar service. I expect that has been shelved indefinitely, given the decline of airfield traffic & the non-appearance so far, of the much-desired business-jet traffic. They are, however, objecting on some other operational grounds, though one of the FCC staff told me that they thought that they had covered all possible aviation issues with the CAA/NATS beforehand.

The CBC RoW team have effectively objected to the placement of the turbines close to existing RoWs, my missive merely serves to add to that argument. I also know that SUSTRANS who paid for the National Cycle Route 51 (this has been redirected down Rectory Road since about 2009 owing to washaway near Holcot Wood) and the British Horse Society are also in the loop as they also have clear interests regarding placement of turbines and/or redirection of routes needed by the latter.

FYI the Cycle Route 51 is about to get restored to its former glory with an injection of cash from CBC or SUSTRANS (I'm not sure which).

I

No comments: