Wednesday 18 July 2012

On (or off) the buses

Reaction from CBC about the impact of traffic calming building works starting next week on bus services. A CBC official writes [the blog's annotations in bold]





"I am trying to obtain full details of the proposed traffic calming scheme.  [on the parish matters blog, from CPC or from Amey] 

As soon as I obtain them, I will be able to consult the bus companies.   [as quick as you like]

At the moment, my basic understanding is that the scheme consists of three junction improvements (speed tables), which are unlikely to affect local bus services.  [probably]

However, there will be road closures and diversions arising from the road works and bus services will have to be diverted when these take place.  [all true]

We shall ensure that any bus service diversions are advertised at affected bus stops in a timely manner. [excellent]

I shall endeavour to notify you of any developments. [we are truly blessed]

No comments: