Thursday 25 July 2013

When 'no' means 'no'

Well done, this Cranfield resident (see below, anonymised) who took a long overdue pop at Zenith windows for cold calling. They regularly pester us claiming they have done work here. We've been in our hobbit hole for 11 years and they have never done so, though a past resident might have used them. It's interesting that according to Cllr Adam Zerny - see tweet below - CBC is relaunching its no cold calling scheme. Much needed


To: customer.services@zenithhome.co.uk; enquiries@fensa.org.uk; initialenquiries@glazingombudsman.com; customerservices@jwdltd.co.uk
Cc: cranfieldpc@btconnect.com;
Subject: Cold calling from Zenith Windows.

Dear Sir/Madam,
I am a resident of Cranfield, Bedfordshire. I regularly get cold calls from your salesman trying to get me to replace my facia boards and double glazing. There is nothing wrong with my facia boards and I have modern double glazing.
Cranfield is in a No cold calling zone and every entrance to the village has a sign stating that.
I have two signs on my door that state I do not want cold callers.


Your salesman turn up and blitz Cranfield streets in small groups every few months. They call on the same doors and harass the same people again and again.
Your website states, “The fact is, not all double-glazing companies are about hard selling salesmen”.
If you believe that statement how do you reconcile that with the fact that I live in a No cold calling zone and every few months your salesman cold call the same houses repeatedly choosing to ignore clear signs on peoples doors stating that they do not want cold callers?
I do not want your company to cold call on my door.
I believe that as the residents of Cranfield have elected to live in a No cold calling zone they also do not want your cold calls.
Please respect that by stopping your aggressive sales tactics.


 

Central Beds to relaunch no-coldcalling scheme and seeking 'Community Champions'. Contact Jake Ramphal on 0300 300 4780 if you're interested.

I wonder if we can find a "community champion" in Cranfield?

No comments: