Tuesday 23 July 2013

Read all about it

Beds on Sunday came a calling two weeks ago for their best of Bedfordshire series, intent on capturing the essence of Cranfield. Their approach bounced around between the editor of Cran Express, the chair of the PC and a local councillor before ending up in my in-tray.

As a professional editor and journalist its always a bit odd being on the receiving end of media attention. I've done a lot of media training for voluntary and campaigning groups over the years but do I follow my own edicts? I though Rupert Marquand did a nice job but the last paragraph makes me sound a bit pompous (I know, I know, noises off). That's not really Richard's fault - it was just meant as background explaining how the PC and the Burial Ground Committee gets involved. I did make a strong point however that while we were concerned about the impact of the clock on an individual have to look at this from the village's point of view.That came through.

Hey ho, it is six year old story but always worth a reprise.

They also covered  the village hall refurb and the lease of life that has given to community activity.

No comments: