Wednesday 12 June 2013

It's alarming but the system works

House phone goes off at 7.52 am. Oh Oh, this must be my mum. Hope dad's OK. Babbled message at the other end fills me with mounting indignation as I suspect this is a cold marketing call - at this time of the day. Indeed.

But no, its the security company who maintain the burglar alarm for friends of ours and their alarm had been triggered and yes we are key holders so could I go round. Ed and Liz (their names have been changed) were not away though they were probably out. 

So I gathered up all the paperwork and fob for deactivating the alarm, put on the hard hat  and let the iron wheels take me up the village. The painter's van outside gave an initial cause for concern though there was no evidence  that the family china was being loaded up and there was no sound from the alarm.

Within a minute the bona fide painter, the other key holder (who had switched the alarm off already) and a PCSO mobile patrol had all turned up. The matter was resolved and special forces stood down. And the next time Ed and Liz leave their house to the painter they'll remember to deactivate the alarm. LOL

No comments: