Monday 17 February 2014

The most civilised dog in Cranfield

A recurrent theme of this blog is what are foot paths for? well.. foots, obviously, and paws (belonging to guide dogs)  but you wouldn't believe that from the 4x4s which park on the "foot"path at the coop obstructing buggies, mobility scooters and people with sight impairment. Not all 4x4 drivers are to blame =- some of them are embarrassed and one recently pointed out to me on facebook that I should raise this with any driver I see doing it instead of blaming everyone.

When I saw one yesterday at the COOP I discussed it with a staff member who said they had tried to object but to no avail. She then pointed out that the driver had come back. So I felt a discussion was in order. It was one of the village posties. She said she parked there cos all the bays were full. There is a steely logic to all that which makes us go back to whether there is enough parking at the Coop. If the current shop was a planning application CBC wd defo says "not enough parking space"  and they would be dead right. But of course if they let highways design a great 10-lane footpath that sort of solves the problem.  Sort of. Unless you are my friend Gill and Fran  the most civilised dog in Cranfield. I wouldn't blame Fran is she felt a bit less civilised. And Gill. But it would be better to solve the parking space issue first.
The most civilised dog in Cranfield



No comments: