Saturday 16 November 2013

Getting the right formula



I hope readers enjoy this one. As chair of burial grounds committee I have to deal from time to time with unusual headstone proposals. It's a sensitive matter and I'm not sure of my view or that of fellow councillors to a sudoku puzzle. Was it solved? unsolved? And what was the degree of difficulty? Did it include what are known as "pencil marks"?I speak as a sudoku-er. As for the equation, that would have us stumped.

The late Spike Milligan's family had difficulty about his request for the words "I told you I was ill" to be inscribed on his headstone and it was resolved in an interesting way. See the full story on BBC News

 I'm not sure how that could have been applied to Mr Robinson's memorial
Spike Milligan's headstone: He told them he was ill

No comments: