Thursday 5 January 2012

Home farm

I didn't want to start the year with Home Farm but I'll sort the good news first. Cranfield's Battle of Passchendale, Lodge Road knee deep in mud,  seems to have ended for the moment. Lodge Road is reasonably clear and Lodge Road residents are not  raising any issues. If there are still problems I'm keen to hear.

However, I'm sure you knew there a however coming, I was amazed that options regarding the proposed community hall are only surfacing now. We knew that we could run it ourselves or devolve to a management company (selected by Persimmon) which would mean levying a charge on residents in home farm.

Now we learn we can also opt to either build it ourselves on Home farm or on another site, with money provided by the developer.

Choice is great. I'm all for it. But these additional choices were never made known to us by Persimmon/CBC-MBDC in the past. Two years ago we were rushed into agreeing a spec by Persimmon because it all had to be done and dusted. That urgency seems less understandable now. 

No comments: